Review of Proposed Rule for Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s proposed rule was published in the Federal Register on March 26, 2015. Stakeholders were asked to review the proposed rule and provide comments.
AquAeTer worked closely with our client to review the proposed rule, as well as, an associated guidance document. AquAeTer drafted detailed comments for presentation to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) in an effort to support the client’s interests. AquAeTer also collaborated with other outside experts to prepare a final memorandum to present to the NRC.
AquAeTer provided the following services to its client for this project:
- Detailed review of the proposed rule;
- Detailed review of the accompanying guidance document;
- Creation of a detailed flowchart to help communicate the complexity of the proposed rule;
- Preparation of detailed comments; and
- Preparation of a report combining comments from AquAeTer and other subject matter experts.