AquAeTer was retained by a pulp and paper mill to comply with future effluent limitations for nitrogen discharge. The project initially involved evaluation of the current plant performance data. Our technical staff proceeded with wastewater characterization and the application of the Eckenfelder-based kinetic biological treatment model for nitrification/denitrification. AquAeTer conducted treatability studies in the client’s onsite laboratory to develop the process design criteria. From the treatability study, AquAeTer developed the most cost-effective process design concept that the client could use for future compliance.
AquAeTer provided the following services to its client for this sampling and reporting project:
- Evaluation of existing plant performance data;
- Wastewater characterization;
- Application of the Eckenfelder Biological Treatment Model;
- Nitrification/Denitrification treatability study;
- Cost evaluation; and
- Concept Development of treatment plant upgrades